Thursday, April 11, 2013

Let's Celebrate

Hey Everyone,

I'm here today to share a card for the latest Mama Elephant sketch challenge.  Here's our inspiration: 



I chose to keep the same orientation as the sketch for my card:



I thought about adhering some type of embellishment, such as a button, for the 3 circles, but instead chose to use a small circle die and cut it out from the white cardstock panel.  I added a similar strip of orangey-yellow paper for a little extra color.  The side strip of patterned paper is from the Yes, Please Amy Tangerine paper pad by American Crafts.  It has tons of pretty patterns, but this striped one is a favorite :)  Before adhering everything together, I placed a Studio Calcio mask over the white panel and spritzed it with Mint Julep Mister Huey spray.  I'm really loving these ink sprays!  I then die cut a banner end and stamped the polka dot pattern from Mama Elephant's Basic Borders stamp set in a light gray ink.  Next came the sentiment, which is from Mama Elephant's Good Times stamp set.  It's stamped in Pale Tomato ink (Hero Arts)-- another new favorite of mine!  I adhered it with a small strip of washi tape.  Lastly, I added some twine and a few sequins.  To make adhering the sequins easier, I totally recommend getting a QuickStik by Lifestyle Crafts.  It makes picking up small pieces way easier!  There's a tacky end, so small stuff sticks easily to it and comes off easily too: 



See how nicely the sequin stays on the QuickStik?  This has definitely become an essential craft tool for me.  It also has a point on the other end for poking out small die cut pieces.  ...but I digress...

Here's one last shot of the card: 



 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

-Lizzy

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...I LOVE how the misting turned out! Such a cool effect. And that tool looks like a must-have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a unique take on the sketch!! So artsy and creative! Thanks for playing along in the Mama Elephant challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the sketch!! I really like this card! Those colors make me so happy! And I really like your take on the circles! I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...