Thursday, May 2, 2013

Always Card

Happy Thursday! 

I was thinking about the watercolor challenge over at the Moxie Fab World blog again, and thought it would be fun to play with some distress inks and water.  I used a few shades of purple, which were rubbed onto an acrylic block and spritzed with water.  Using a paint brush, I brushed the various shades of purple onto a cardstock panel and created a pretty, purple background.  I was going for an ombre effect, but it didn't quite turn out how I envisioned, so I ended up cutting apart the panel and using just a square.  I'll keep the rest of the paper for another project.  Here's the card that I ended up making: 



Once I cut apart the cardstock panel, I used a Lawn Fawn heart die to cut a heart out of the middle.  Next, I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Word Salad stamp set by Paper Smooches and popped the panel up on some foam adhesive.  A few sequins and some twine finished the card.  Oh, and I used my corner rounder to soften the edges of the watercolor panel and the card base. 






And I think I'd be pretty happy to receive this card in the mail, so I'll be playing along with this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge "Happy Mail". 




Thanks so much for stopping by! 

-Lizzy

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! Love the watercoloring and the fab design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! I love the watercolor, the touch of sparkle with the sequins and your placement of the sentiment...moxie fab indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love how you stamped the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lizzy! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...