Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bookmark Card

Hey! 

For today's card, I wanted to try out the technique of extending a die.  I had recently watched Savannah O'Gwynn's video tutorial on how to get more (literally!) out of your dies.  I thought it would be fun to use my Paper Smooches tag scallop die to make a bookmark.  Savannah gave a lot of great tips in her video, which made extending the tag very easy to do!  I'll definitely use this technique again.  

Here's my bookmark card: 




 After I die cut the bookmark, I decorated it with images from Smarty Pants and the sentiment is from Get Outta Town (Paper Smooches).  I adhered the bookmark to the card with some repositionable adhesive, so it easily peels away and can actually be used.  To finish it off, I made a tassel and cord out of some lime baker's twine.  





The bookmark would be super easy to reproduce and make multiples and, of course, it could be decorated to suite your needs. 

Since the theme is "Anything Goes" over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge, I'll be playing along. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

-Lizzy

3 comments:

  1. fabulous! i love your handmade tassel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...