Monday, August 19, 2013

Lawnscaping Challenge #64: Distress Maniacs

Hey! 

Are you ready for another fun challenge at the Lawnscaping blog??  This challenge is all about using your Distress products!  


Here's my card: 



For this card, I used my distress inks.  I had considered using my distress paints too, but I couldn't find the colors I wanted-- they're still packed up somewhere!  I was able to find all my inks, though, so that's what I used.  I was inspired to create this little scene by the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Blue Skies stamp set.  I started by inking the background to create a gradient with black soot, chipped sapphire, broken china, and tumbled glass distress inks.  Next, I used picked raspberry, tumbled glass, and mustard seed inks to color a piece of cardstock for the hot air balloon.  I then stamped all the pieces and used the coordinating Lawn Cuts to die cut everything.  I decided to use copics to color the gray clouds and the banner so I could get the exact color I wanted.  Lastly, I added a frame around the sky cardstock panel and a little Wink of Stella on the banner-- and yes, you too should jump on the Wink of Stella Bandwagon ;) 



Hope you feel inspired to play along with us this week!  And don't forget to check out the Lawnscaping Facebook page! 

I'll also be entering this card into the Carnival Craze challenge over at the Curtain Call challenge blog. 

Here's to hoping blue skies are indeed ahead :) 

-Lizzy

7 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous!! That sky is perfection! And I LOVE the way te hot air balloon is colored!! So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of distress inks, Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the "blue skies ahead!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lizzy! I love the shadowing you created and the way you colored the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Love the sky and the balloon! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.M.G. This is soo gorgeous!! I love the background sky and the globe colors, your coloring is amazing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully coloured card!! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...