Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine Blog Hop

Hey Everyone! 

I'm so happy to be participating in Jenn Shurkus' Valentine Blog Hop! 


Jenn has organized 2 full weeks of Valentine's Day inspiration for you-- everyday until February 14, Jenn and a new blogger will be sharing a special Valentine's Day project.  And since this is the season of LOVE, be sure to leave some comment love at the blogs throughout the hop.  Jenn will be offering up some great prizes to randomly chosen comments along the way. 

So without further ado, here's my card: 



This was a pretty simple card to put together.  I started by inking my Penny Black Apertures stamp in a light gray ink and stamping it in the center of the white card base.  The heart (SU! Hearts Framelits) is die cut from pink cardstock and heat embossed (making it look red).  I did several layers of embossing... 1 layer of clear sparkle and then 3 more layers of just clear.  The result is a glossy, sparkly looking embellishment... I just love it!  



The banner is from PTI's Bountiful Banners stamp set and the sentiment is from PTI's Mini Blooms set.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but the banner is raised in the middle for some extra dimension.  I just used some foam tape for the middle and some glue dots for the sides: 



I finished the card with a few Hero Art's black gemstones. 



Thanks so much for stopping by!  


Be sure to stop by Lynn's blog, who was yesterday's hop participant, and stay tuned for some great Valentine's inspiration from Kathy's blog, who will be sharing her project tomorrow!  And don't forget to head on over to Jenn's blog every day until the 14th! 

-Lizzy

14 comments:

  1. Adorable Card!! Love the banner and the heart is l-o-v-e-l-y!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! That sparkly heart is gorgeous! So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty....love the sparkly heart and background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card may be simple to you, but to me it is extraordinary! Just adore the shine of the heart! It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layers of embossing on the heart. Shiny and sparkly perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo I like the black gems. I never know when to use mine, but this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful heart and great banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried heat-embossing multiple times. I love this effect....sparkly and glossy. Wow! Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing your techniques!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tweeted abt your card here: https://twitter.com/JanisinIdaho/status/430903156629725184

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinned it here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/476114991828170460/
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this card lizzy!!! i love all the sparkle and the clean white space framing it all :) thank you SO Much for being part of my blog hop- it is an honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that PB stamp for the background, so cool, and the embossed heart is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous sparkly heart!! This card is CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...