Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lawn Fawn CHA Winter 2013 Challenge

Hello again! 

It's been a busy card-making day!  Woo!  I was so excited when I saw that Lawn Fawn was having a challenge to feature cards in their upcoming catalog and trade show booth!  Yay! 
There are several categories to enter, and this card is for the ABCs set category.  



This card measures 4x4 and is made from Stampin' Up! very vanilla cardstock.  I started by using the chevron from Lawn Fawn's Belinda's borders and stamped the background of the card base with soft granite ink from Hero Arts.  I then used Quinn's ABCs to stamp the word "love" in black memento ink and colored it using copic markers.  I also used some glass effects gel to make the word stand out even more-- see how it's shiny?  Next, I used more letters from Quinn's ABCs to create a fun letter background.  For the empty space that was not covered by letters, I used the little heart stamp in the Making Frosty Friends stamp set.  

Next came the inside of the card: 



I thought it would be fun to continue the sentiment to the inside of the card.  I used Smitty's ABCs to spell out my sentiment and then used the "happy anniversary" sentiment from sophie's sentiments to finish the thought.  Lastly, I used the "xoxo" stamp from sophie's sentiments and the line from Belinda's borders to complete the card.  



I hope you like it!  Thanks for visiting today! 

-Lizzy



Supplies 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn-- Quinn's ABCs, Smitty's ABCs, Making Frosty Friends, Belinda's borders, Sophie's Sentiments  
Paper: Stampin' Up! very vanilla 
Ink: Hero Arts-- soft granite; Memento-- tuxedo black; Distress Ink-- peacock feathers 
Other: copic markers, glass effects gel 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the way you used the chevron border around the edges of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. Great use of the ABCs.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...