Monday, November 19, 2012

Spiced Pumpkin Butter

Hello! 

Todays post is a little unusual, as I have a project, instead of a card, to share with you!  You see, I've had 3 little pumpkins staring at me from my CSA (community sponsored agriculture) share.  So what's a girl to do?  Make butter, of course.  Pumpkin butter, that is.  Incidentally, there's no actual butter involved, but there is lots of sugar!  Yum :) 

So after slaving over a hot stove meticulously stirring my pumpkin/sugar concoction until it thickened, the butter was ready for jars!  And, what did the jars need?  Labels, of course!  



I cut some fall-themed fabric to fit under the jar lid and made a label/tag with a circle punch.  I then cut the border out of American Crafts paper with a circle cutter.  To secure the tag, I punched a hole on either side of the circle and tied the tag to the jar with baker's twine.  I used Smitty's ABCs (Lawn Fawn) for the lettering and the little hearts are from the winter owl set.  In case you're wondering, Nov. 17 is when the butter was made.  

It was pretty simple to do.  Here are my supplies (minus the circle cutter and paper): 



I plan on giving these little jars away to family at Thanksgiving.  Here's another photo of the jars straight on: 



I also thought I would enter this into the latest Lawnscaping Challenge: Tags.



And that's all for me today!  Bon appetit! 



-Lizzy 

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love the jars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! This is really cute!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty AND yummy - the perfect combo! I gifted apple butter for thanksgiving, but I think I'll be pinteresting a pumpkin butter recipe for next year! Thanks for playing along with lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very elegant gift..!! a person who received it will be very head over heels.. Thank you for playing along with us t Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea and the way you've decorated the jars, those fall colors are perfect for pumpkin butter and Thanksgiving gifts! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...