Thursday, November 1, 2012

Snowflakes

Happy November, Everyone!

The weather is definitely starting to get chilly these days, which makes it perfect to be inside and making cards!

Today's card is a bright and cheery holiday card.  I used the Snowflake Medley and the Think Big Favorites #8 stamp sets from Papertrey ink for this.  I stamped the snowflakes with pumpkin pie, melon mambo, and certainly celery inks from Stampin' Up!.


The sentiment is stamped in black.  I thought the card looked a little plain, so I added some silver striped washi tape and bakers twine to the card.  The front panel is mounted on pumpkin pie cardstock from Stampin' Up!. 


I like how this card turned out, but the ink seemed to really saturate the stamp and all the pretty "etchings" in the snowflakes weren't visible.  So, I re-did the card with some distress inks, but with the same layout.  


  
Since the snowflakes looked a little bland by themselves again, I stamped some small ones in the center using antique linen distress ink.  I like how it turned out AND I like that it was easy and simple to make! 

That's all for today!  Thanks for stopping by! 

-Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. They really are Happy Holiday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vibrant cards, Lizzie! I love non-traditional colours on Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...