Monday, November 12, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge #45

Hello out there! 

It seems like such a long time since I've had the opportunity to sit down and make a card!  I think I'm going through withdrawal... ha!  I've been pretty busy with school work lately-- I'm currently in graduate school in a nurse practitioner program.  I love it, but it sure does make a dent in my card-making-time!  Anyways, enough about that boring stuff and on to the important stuff ;) 

 Todays card is for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge: Dust 'em off.



 The challenge objective is to use something in your stash that hasn't been used in a while...enter "Frosty Friends."  



I started with the background and inked up some white cardstock with distress inks.  I then used the Hero Arts "Snow dots" background stamp and spritzed it with water and stamped it onto the inked background.  I saw a tutorial a while back by Shari Caroll, I believe, using this same technique, but can't seem to find the link-- sorry!  After I used the background stamp, I used some snowflakes from the Frosty Friends set and stamped them in white to finish the snowy background.  Next came some fussy-cutting and paper-piecing so the snowmen could be properly dressed for winter.  I then cut out the hills, stamped the sentiment (let it snow stamp set), and added Perfect Pearls Mist to both for a little extra shine.  I also thought the hills could use some stickles so I added some along the edges.  I then assembled everything on the card and finished with some red baker's twine. 



And that's my card for the Lawnscaping Challenge!  Thanks for stopping by today! 

-Lizzy

4 comments:

  1. Love this christmas card!!Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. I love that set too. I can relate to the mojo getting lost on my craft desk. Usually under a mess. Glad you had time to join us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love how your background turned out!!! love me a snowman card ;) thank you for playing a long with lawnscapings!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...