Friday, October 25, 2013

Thank You Cards

I think I'm breaking a record this week with the number of blog postings!  I should really be posting more anyways, but the move to Hawaii has really thrown me for a loop.  I'm just starting to get organized again, so that's something to be thankful for.  And speaking of blessings, I have two cards to share today :)

I needed to make thank you cards for some special people in my life, so this is the first card I came up with: 


The background stamp is one of my favorite Hero Art's background stamps (Leaf and Floral background).  I inked the back panel with peacock feathers distress ink and then stamped the background in the same color.  The sweet flower stamp is from Penny Black (delicate florals), which I colored with copics.  The card is finished with a sentiment from Paper Smooches' Spiritual Sampler-- they really have the best sentiments! 


The next card is a little different, but I think it's still in the same vein: 


Sorry for the weird photograph-- the vellum actually is normal colored in real life!  Anyways, I stamped Penny Black's Glory of Modesty background stamp on a white cardstock panel and clear embossed it.  I then used Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick distress inks to color in the flowers:

Ink the middle with the darker shade (Worn Lipstick)
Blend the darker shade out from the center with the lighter color (Spun Sugar)
I didn't have any daubers to do this, but the q-tips worked great!  The distress inks blend really nicely, so this is an easy technique for anyone to try.  I finished the card with the same sentiment that was embossed in black on vellum. 


That's all for me today.  Thanks for stopping by! 

-Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! I love that sentiment! I really like how colored those flowers...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so Beautiful and pretty! LOOOVE them both!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...