Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sending Rainbows and Sunshine

Just a quick post today.  I had some fun with my shimmery Twinkling H2O watercolors and a few Lawn Fawn sets: 



I started by using my paints to create a rainbow on some watercolor cardstock.  I then used Milo's ABC's (love, love, love this set!) and embossed my sentiment in black.  I thought the card looked a little plain with just the sentiment (I'll admit it-- I have trouble just leaving things be!), so I thought it would be fun to add a sun peaking through the clouds.  The Sunny Skies set was just what I wanted, so I stamped, colored, cut out the images, and adhered them to the card.  I also added a little Wink of Stella to the shading on the clouds and around the sun.  

See how sparkly and shimmery the card is: 



So there you have it-- a bright and happy encouragement card :) 



I'll be linking this card up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes and the Lawn Fawn CHA Catalog Contest

Thank you for stopping by!  I'm so very thankful to all of you who take the time to visit this little blog :) I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  

-Lizzy

Supplies: (Milo's ABC's, Sunny Skies + coordinating dies) Lawn Fawn

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the colors. I was thinking it would be cute to have a Lawn Fawn rainbow stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Lizzy! I like the sparkles on the sun and cloud and your background look amazing! Milo's ABCs is one of my favorites, too! Have a nice Thanksgiving Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright, cheerful, happy card--I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, and so brilliant! Love it on a black card base, the colors really pop! :) Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - loving the rainbow :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! The colors are beautiful and the shimmery clouds and sun are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that rainbow background you made! Amazing job!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Lizzy! So exciting to have your card chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BIG Congrats Lizzy!!! This is AMAZING! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win. I just love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...