Friday, October 26, 2012

Another Happy Birthday!

Today's posting is for a very special person to me-- my only favorite baby sister, Kelly, turns 18!  Woo-hoo!  She loves pattern and bright colors and I think her birthday card is perfect for her. 


I had such a fun time creating this card!  When I saw this washi tape, I couldn't help but think of Kelly.  It had such a fun assortment of colors and provided the inspiration for the colors used in the card.  I started by embossing the background (Hero Arts Snow Dots) with JudiKins egyptian gold embossing powder (a glittery gold powder).  Since it was stamped on white paper and, in hindsight, thought it would have looked better with vanilla paper, I used antique linen distress ink to tone down the white cardstock.  I then stamped the sentiment background with "Belinda's Borders" from Lawn Fawn and then embossed the sentiment (Lawn Fawn Sophie's sentiments) with black embossing powder.  The heart is also from Sophie's sentiments and it was embossed in black and colored with copics.  I couldn't resist adding a little glass effects gel-- see: 


Lastly, the front was mounted on pumpkin pie cardstock from Stampin' Up!.  


And there's another birthday card!  Thanks for visiting today!  Happy 18th Birthday, Kelly! 

-Lizzy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...