Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween Everyone! 

I can't believe it's the end of October already!  This fall is just flying by.  It's going to be Christmas before I know it!

I don't have a lot of (e.g. more than 1) Halloween stamps, since I don't really send out Halloween cards.  However, when I saw this cute little bat, I couldn't pass it up.  It's an adorable stamp from Eat Cake Graphics.  I stamped it twice, colored it with copics, and cut it out.  


I had a lot of fun masking and playing with distress inks.  I masked the scene so the top and bottom of the card were left white.  I started by sponging the harvest moon with a variety of yellows and oranges and then daubed the clouds with memento london fog and a little dusty concord distress ink.  Next I stamped the bats on the card and placed their cut-out-versions on top.  This way I could preserve all the little details on the stamp that I wasn't able to cut out: 


As I mentioned before, since I don't own Halloween stamps, I had to create my own sentiment.  I did this using "smitty's ABCs" from Lawn Fawn, which was really easy to do since the letters line up so nicely.  Lastly, I added a border below the scene with another Lawn Fawn stamp "Belinda's borders."  The border and sentiment were both stamped with dusty concord distress ink.  


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a Happy Halloween! 

-Lizzy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...