Tuesday, November 13, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #78

Hello! 

Todays card is for CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #78: so torn.  The objective is to make a clean and simple project that has something torn on it.  



Here's my take on it: 



Instead of having torn paper directly on the card, I decided to tear some paper to use as a mask.  I used a snowflake from Papertrey Ink's Snowflake Medley stamp set and embossed it with clear-glitter embossing powder, which made it quite sparkly :)



I then masked around the snowflake with torn paper and blended distress ink onto the card (tumbled glass, peacock feathers, & shaded lilac).  The embossing resists the ink, which creates a distinct stamped image!  I then cut around the snowflake/inked background and mounted it on foam tape onto a standard sized card.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (also from Papertrey Ink) in dusty concord distress ink. 



That's my card for today!  Thanks for visiting! 

-Lizzy

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Lizzy! I love your torn/mask technique! So clever! You created such beautiful colors with your masking and emboss/resist technique. So gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! I love the torn mask and the gradient colors. Stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...