Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stamping with Water & Distress Inks

Happy Weekend! 

I've had a bit of free time today, so, naturally, I made a card :)  I know we haven't even made it through Thanksgiving, but I couldn't resist making another Christmas card.  Here it is: 



I used a hero arts snowflake background stamp and inked it up with several distress inks.  I then spritzed the stamp with water before stamping it on some very vanilla cardstock.  This technique creates a pretty watercolor effect.  It's super simple to do-- here's how I did it: 



All you need are some distress inks, a water mister, and a background stamp.  I used shaded lilac, milled lavender, seedless preserves, and dusty concord inks.  My water mister is an Inkssentials tool, but any mister will do.  I've never tried doing this with any other types of ink, but I do know it will work with water color markers.  After gathering the supplies, randomly ink up the stamp starting with the lightest color and working towards the darkest.  



After the stamp has been inked, lightly mist it with water.  You'll see the ink bead up: 



Then it's time for stamping! 



See how it looks water-color-ish?  You can keep misting the stamp with water without applying additional ink and it will create lighter gradients of color, which is nice for filling in the paper.  And that's it!  Easy as pie! 

I embossed a hero arts sentiment in black and then created a frame with scor tape and prisma glitter around the sentiment.  And because the more glitter you add, the better the card is (duh...!), I added more tape around the outside of the card.  ....And then I added diamond stickles to the center of the snowflakes...ha!  [aka. best card E.V.E.R. ;) ] 

I'm entering it in this months Hero Arts contest: Bring on the Bling



Here's a close up of all that sparkly glitter: 


And one more of the whole card: 


That's it for today!  Thanks for stopping by! 

-Lizzy 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, Lizzie. It's a great effect, and I love all that added glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...