Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Crackers

Hello! 

Can you believe Christmas is almost here?!  Every year for our Christmas dinner, we have Christmas crackers, and this year, I decided to make them!  I had a lot of fun doing this and am pretty sure they'll be functional when the big moment comes to pull them apart. 

Here they are! 



It really wasn't too hard to make them, especially since I used the Favor It Box 8 die from PTI.  You can, however, make crackers without a die by using toilet paper rolls and wrapping paper.  For this project, I used Lily Bee paper (Christmas cheer) and die cut all my pieces at once to make for easy assembling. 



Once everything was cut out, I glued all the pieces together, including the snapper.  Here are all the little goodies I stuffed the crackers with (chocolates, candies, gold crowns, jokes, and a little key chain (not pictured): 



And voila!  I tied the ends together with some red ribbon and cut off the extra snapper ends.  Here are all 9 of them that I made: 



And one individually: 



And there you have it!  Homemade, functional Christmas crackers!  



I'm going to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Christmassy. 



And the Paper Crafts December 2012 Gallery Challenge

Thanks for visiting today! 

-Lizzy 

1 comment:

  1. Those containers are so cute, Lizzy! They look so fun and easy to make! I'm sure that everyone will enjoy them!! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...