Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SPARKS Challenge

Hi again! 

I guess I'm making up for lost time, but I wanted to make one more card today in order to enter the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge, which is a "Designer Drafts" challenge.  



Here's the sketch we're working from: 



Here's my take on it: 



This card was a lot of fun to make!  For the pattered paper I used a 6x6 paper pack (Amy Tangerine sketchbook) by American Crafts, which is full of bright, happy colors!  It was perfect to match with this adorable frog from the Paper Smooches stamp set "a little lovin."  The sentiment is from the same set.  The word bubble and exclamation point are from the Lawn Fawn set "a birdie told me."  For the background, I used my impression obsession "spatter" stamp, which I inked up with picked raspberry distress ink-- LOVE that color!  Lastly, I added ice stickles (gold and crystal ice) to the crown and exclamation point.  I really like this type of stickles because it uses larger glitter bits, which I think I like a tad better-- more sparkly!  Not sure if you can tell in the picture...but trust me, it's true!



That's my card for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! 



Thanks for visiting! 

-Lizzy 

4 comments:

  1. Ha, love this card, Lizzy! Love the added Stickles - finishes it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the bright pink splatter background. Thank you for playing along with us at Paper Smooches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! This is so fun--love the neon bold colors!!! And I LOVE your splattering:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!! Hope you will join in the fun this week:)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...