Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Shaker Card

Hello! 

Today I wanted to squeeze in one more Christmas card before the Young Crafters Unite challenge ended tonight. 



Today I made my first shaker card.  I've been wanting to try to make one for a while now, but I don't have a die cutting machine.  I know what you're thinking-- "but I've seen you use die cuts before..."  And while you're correct in that observation, I've done it by borrowing my mom's machine.  For today though, my sweet friend let me borrow her big shot for a few days... yippee!  So, naturally, I needed to make a shaker card while I had the opportunity!


This was super fun to make and, actually, not too hard either!  I used Lawn Fawn's Winter Bunny, Sweet Christmas (trees), and Let it Snow (sentiment) to make the card.  I colored the bunny with copics and added xmas red stickles to his scarf.  The trees are paper pieced.  I used patterned paper for the background and some white paper to make hills.  The hills are lined with crystal ice stickles.  See how sparkly everything is? 



Here's are some pictures of the shaker in action: 





The sentiment is stamped in gumball green ink (SU) and I used some lawn trimmings to "tie' the sentiment to the card. 

I'm also going to enter the card in the Paper Crafts December 2012 Gallery Challenge

Here's one last photo: 



That's it for me today!  Thanks for visiting my blog today!  

-Lizzy

3 comments:

  1. Your shaker card is adorable! I've always wanted to make a shaker card! I really like the pinkish purplish colored glitter that you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your top 5 at YCU, too! This card is one of my favorites! Thank you also for all of your comments on my blog! That always make my day! Merry Christmas, Lizzy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for each and every thoughtful comment! Your feedback is genuinely appreciated--I only hope you enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...